Did you know?
- Each year around 13,500 children are diagnosed with cancer in the US alone, that's about 36 children each day.
- Cancer kills more children than AIDS, asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and congenital anomalies combined.
- The incidence of invasive pediatric cancers is up 29% in the past 20 years.
- The causes of most childhood cancers are unknown. At present, childhood cancer cannot be prevented.
- Childhood cancer occurs regularly, randomly and spares no ethnic group, socioeconomic class, or geographic region.
- 1 in 5 children diagnosed with cancer will die within 5 years.
- Childhood cancer survivors are at significant risk for secondary cancers later in life.
- Despite these facts, childhood cancer research is vastly and consistently underfunded.
Check out the links below to learn more about childhood cancer.